Tuesday 2 October 2012

If friends were flowers..

 .....I'd pick you!

Hi, Gez here, and welcome to my first tutorial for Tando Creative.  Caro's fabulous project is below mine in this post so be sure to take a look.

I've had so much fun working with Tando's very versatile chipboard.

Here's a quick summary of the different steps I took towards my finished arch!


 Let's get started!

 First of all I painted with white Gesso 3 of the bottles from the Grab Bag of Bottles and Jars


 Next I took some spray ink and gave each bottle a couple of coats..


  I also, picked up the left-over ink blobs and dabbed the bottle with kitchen roll..


 Then, I ran a black pen around the edges of the bottles


 Each bottle was then given a coating of clear Ranger crackle paint..





 (The hard part.............. waiting for the paint to dry!!!)



 The other two bottles were given much the same treatment as the first bottle..


 Spray with ink, dab, coat with Crackle paint..






 While the bottles were drying I set about painting a layer of white Gesso onto some of the flowers from the lovely Mini set..


 .. more spraying with ink and mopping up ink blobs!
(my fingers were a lovely colour by now...)


While everything was drying I set about twisting some lengths of green wire around a thin crochet hook to make twirly stalks for the flowers and added gems to the flowers..


 The wires were attached to the backs of the flowers using Glossy Accents

I then stamped some minature bottle images onto tissue paper using a permanent ink
(pemanent so it doesn't run when brushed over with glue)

The images were cut out, a layer of glue was applied to the bottle
then the tissue paper image was placed in the wet glue,
followed by a top layer to seal the image..


 I also set about working on the background while everything was set aside to dry..

 Tando have a BRAND NEW arch just released! I knew it would work perfectly as a 'window back drop' for the bottles and flowers. You can find it HERE

First, of all I gave the arch a complete coating of glue, I used gel medium as it'strong and spreads over large areas pretty well..


 I chose some paper and glued it down firmly to the arch
and set about glueing the arch frames one by one to the back piece
again using gel medium..


 slowly my arch frame came together, I do love this shape so much!


 They glue dries clear, however, I did dab away any excess glue.. 

 The top edge of the frame was then dabbed gently all over to give a textured effect with gold paint


~ da-da! ~

gorgeous!


 Time to assemble my little scene!

The bottle in the middle was glued straight onto the background, the right hand bottle was mounted onto 3D foam pads and the left hand bottle was stuck to the edge of the arch frame..


 close-up of the bottles & flowers..


                         Thank you for calling and taking the time to read through my tutorial,
                                       I hope you will have a play sometime! Gez oxox

****************************************************************** 
And now for Caro's gorgeous project.



 
 
Carol has put together a fabulous instructional video that you can view below. 
 

 
Now.....we really want to see your take on these projects and, if you do, just pop a link in the Linky tool below and you will be entered into a prize draw to win some super Tando goodies with a retail value of no less than £20.00.....how cool is that!
 
You don't have to copy exactly but use some of the fabulous techniques you've seen here in your projects.
 
Just leave a link to your blog or online gallery in the comments box so we can pop over and take a look :o)
 
We will announce the winners on Monday 15th October so you have 2 weeks to complete these.
 
Pop back tomorrow for more :o)

12 comments:

  1. Totally fab projects what a great start to the week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fab projects, and thank you so much for your very interesting tutorials ! Have a nice day. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your process ladies! Gez, I just love your use of color! Caro, many thanks to you for your wonderful videos! I'm a big fan. Thanks to you both for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these two great projects. I love the techniques and the materials you both used. You really inspired me. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tutorials - so good to see how the pieces were made! Love those bottles in particular.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the video Caro, thanks. That crackle paint makes the colours on those bottles pop out Gez. Do love that project. Both very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone, glad you liked our creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed with both of these tutorials. Truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just watched your video it is wonderful so inspiring thanks for taking the time to make it and the great project. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two different yes both amazing projects, love the colours and details in both and very inspirational x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fab projects, they both have such lovely details to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing tutorial and a wonderful project. Love it.

    ReplyDelete